Wednesday 20 June 2012

a world of my own...

Okay so here we go ... hopefully this will be an interesting and stimulating activity for all of us. 


Just coming to the end of my first year of BA Design at Pembrokeshire College and have finished with an Alice in Wonderland themed project. 


I began by looking at the idea of the dream, how we perceive ourselves within a dream, and dream psychology. I created some great stencil mono-prints which was to show my own day dream state, and some 'dreams in jars' to go with the prints. With these I was trying to get across the feeling of being trapped in a bubble - held in a dream by your own subconscious. Like in a nightmare - that feeling when your'e trying to scream and no sound comes out, or trying to punch someone and at the last second your fist turns to jelly, or actually becoming aware of the fact that you are dreaming but not able to wake yourself up. I decided to title the project "A world of my own", and am pretty happy with the results :)















Thank you so much to sophie goddard-jones and natasha hopkins for being fabulous models!!


The prints are A2 size and most of them will be up for grabs at £25 each (mounted on board) or £45 framed. Ive already sold a few to friends and family so get in fast if you want something awesome to decorate your walls with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment