Wednesday 28 November 2012

Patterns Project

If I learnt one thing from this project, its that patterns are bloody everywhere. I am now obsessed and cant avoid them. I did enjoy this project though...as I discovered a love for plaster of paris and carving. I experimented with sound and water by originally taking photographs of the ripples created when a bowl of water is placed on top of a speaker playing babyhead...very loudly. I then developed my designs so they could be carved into plaster plates and would have a similar hypnotic effect on the viewer as mandalas and labyrinths. It was very therapeutic just making them, so I hope you enjoy them too. 

Edited images of water/sound experiments:








Final Pieces and Display

I wanted them to be wall hangings, so they could be used as decorative items as well as for relaxation/meditiation. So I made up my own way of attaching them to the wall.





And heres a few of me and Holly with our work at the show... and Joey drooling over Ryan's woodwork pieces.







No comments:

Post a Comment